Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Doctor's Update - September 9th

Today was the day that Dr. Pohl decided he is ready to induce! My appointment went well and the baby looks "beautiful" according to Dr. Pohl (after looking at the fetal monitor papers). I was measuring 39 weeks which had decreased significantly from last week although Dr. Pohl said he was not surprised. He said as the babies drop lower into the pelvis this is normal. I was still around 3 to 4 cm dialated and 75% effaced so there had not been any progression. He said this was also fine because I was still very advanced to not even be 38 weeks. Dr. Pohl decided he wants to induce this Monday, September 15th. I will be 38 1/2 weeks and he said that gives the baby just a little more time to grow and mature but also puts me in labor before he gets too much bigger and we have other risks involved. So, it looks like Monday we will be Hunter's big arrival day! We are SO excited!

No comments: